We remain acutely aware that our County, State and Country have not yet beaten this virus. With this in mind, we ask that you please help us care for you while also protecting the lives of our other patients, our team and our families.
We have invested heavily in the knowledge, training, and infrastructure recommended to minimize the risk of infection in our facility. However, this disease is now known to be much more contagious than influenza and transmitted primarily by people 2-3 days before they show any symptoms, so it is incumbent upon each of us to play our part regardless of how well we feel personally.
Here’s what to expect when you arrive at Blink:
- Please do not come to the front door or enter the office upon arrival.
- Call or text us at 831-250-6999 to notify us that you have arrived then proceed to relax in the comfort of your own car.
- We will call or text you to invite you inside once the office has been fully prepared for you.
- You will be greeted at the door, asked the COVID-19 risk assessment questions, and have your temperature measured.
- Unless you already emailed it to us please have your current medical insurance card in your hand upon arrival so we may take a picture of it to update your records. This will eliminate the need to touch a scanner.
- Your exam will then begin right away, with no delay in the waiting room
We are doing all we can to keep you safe, here is a summary of our expectations of you:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment, not early, not late. Late arrivals will no longer be able to be accommodated.
- Wear a properly fitting mask for your entire visit (if it has an outflow valve it is not acceptable). No exceptions to this rule will be permitted.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer and touch as few surfaces as possible.
- Please minimize talking while in the office. We love our conversations with our patients, they make our day. Unfortunately, it has been demonstrated that even with a mask, talking expels more air and more virus particles. During certain exam procedures no talking will be permitted at all.
- If there is any chance at all that you have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days PLEASE stay home, do not come to our office, do not expose us, do not put us in the position of having to turn you away.
- Provide all the information requested during your pre-appointment phone call. You will not be seen without having this phone conversation first.
- Please come alone. Bringing another person or pet with you to the office puts everyone else at increased infection risk. A dependent minor may be accompanied by one guardian if necessary.
- Please consider choices that will reduce your time in the office. Giving us your medications and insurance information over the phone in advance saves time, choosing retinal imaging with the Optos camera can reduce your time in the office by as much as 30 minutes. Informing our opticians about your glasses preferences the day before can help us to provide you a concierge experience in a fraction of the time. These choices are more efficient and safer for you.
- Please follow all instructions from our wonderful Blink Staff. Patients will no longer be able to browse glasses themselves or touch any frames on the wall. Our talented and well-trained staff will curate a selection of frames for you based on your individual needs and tastes.
We are excited to see our patients again and grateful for your help in keeping our office and community safe during this unprecedented pandemic.